September was a MONTH, y’all.
I was constantly working for something or was occupied completely. As I look back, the month feels very long and yet I can’t remember individual days for the life of me.
The month didn’t go how I expected it to because of one key life change which turned the entire month around. That’s solely the reason if any of my goals didn’t work out haha. I’m blaming everything on that.
I’ve had a cyst/large swelling on the right side of my neck for about two years now. It’s the reason my pictures are generally zoomed in on slightly cut off and my hair is always down. It’s been a point of huge discomfort and pain for me. I couldn’t postpone it anymore and finally had a surgery to remove it. Because of the delay and other complications, it actually became a major surgery. I’m recovery right now but.. yeah. That was the biggest highlight of this month. The last 10 days of the month went only for this.
I’ll probably write more on this in a life update but that’s it for now.
I read 15 books last month! This is.. pretty accurate for my general pace? Haha. I was actually expecting lesser but it looks like I read a ton in the beginning of September. Most were romances as usual but I did get to some fantasy books this month.
Also, I reread three books which is more than I reread in the first 8 months of 2020 lol.
This blog hit 50k views in 2020 (so far)!!!! Currently, it sits at 52k and… wow. Considering that my overall views are around 106k, the fact that this year alone contributed to HALF those stats out of the 5 years I’ve been blogging is HUGE.
I did start this year with a goal to focus more on blogging and make it better. And it has worked! I’m.. blown away.
Also, Blogletters started in September! Manifesting this interview series has taken a lot of time and effort, and I love how the posts are turning out. You can click here to check out all the bloggers whom I’ve interviewed so far!
It’s a little worrying that the posts are barely receiving attention, though. It’s been a point of disappointment for me in the last few days. Maybe interviews aren’t something y’all are interested in? But another recent post of mine also did bad so.. I don’t know.
Top posts (that went up in September):
The fact that the one post I was VERY unsure about posting received so much love is a shocker to me. It’s the second most popular post of this YEAR. Wow, the power. The post received so many shares and comments, I could barely keep up.
My first “the chatty habitat” post where I ramble about blogging and life updates was quite popular too. If I’m being honest, it didn’t do as well as my “if we were having tea” posts but I’m hoping that it will get there. Otherwise, I may go back to the tea posts? Let’s see.
This was not very popular but it was one of my favourite posts, to be honest. It was so fun to see people guess the lies (especially my real life friends). The few people who read and guessed made the post worth it.
September was quite busy for me with Blogletters work and the surgery so I actually didn’t spend a lot of time blog hopping, which I need to rectify in October. But I did read some really nice posts which you should check out as well.
- The 2020 Book Blogger Awards winners have been announced! So many amazing bloggers to follow.
- Mel’s post on fat representation in books is super thoughtful.
- I found this post on the term “I’m fine” and it really made me think.
- The 20/20/60 ideology from this post on finances really stuck with me.
- Ming wrote on comment-for-comment culture after reading my blog post and you should really check it out!
- Clo shares her formatting system and it’s a good reminder to get our formatting straight haha.
- Alison wrote a reading vlog-style blog post and it’s so nice!
- Kay wrote an AWESOME post on Own Voices from the perpective of a biracial reviewer.
- This post on reading romance as a demisexual person by CW spoke to my heart. I feel seen.
- Does a successful blog need a niche? This post discusses it!
- Malka wrote a really nice post on coming up with discussion ideas.
I highly suggest giving all these posts a read 🙂
September Goals check-in
- Work on Blogletters. ✅ Didn’t work on it a lot, but I did when I could.
- Read at least 1 paperback. ✅ I read 2 (one was newly bought but meh, counts)
- Buddy read? I have a few but they’re not set in stone. ✅ I read These Violent Delights with Minna and Tweet Cute with Joss but I ended up finishing them way fast.
- Finish Ninth House and To Kill a Kingdom. ✅ YES. I read some fantasy books this month.
I was not expecting to actually check off all my goals? Lol. I set easy goals for myself.
Okay considering I need to work and recover and take care of myself, I’ll go easy on myself this month too.
- Set up Notion for all my digital and blog use. Yes, I want to jump on the train and it looks easy to use but I’m procrastinating setting up lol. Anyone want to set up my Notion for me? Please?
- Read 2 books for the 2020 Popsugar Reading Challenge. Maybe 3? I only have 7 prompts left and I want to FINISH them.
- Work on Blogletters! Finish everything with batch 2 of interviews.
- Read 2 paperbacks. Should be easy enough since I will at least read The Dragon Republic.
And that’s it for my highlights!
How was your September? Was it good or bad? Did you hit any milestones?