My goodness, this month was A LOT.
I’ve been drafting this post in my head for the last week or so because I have SO MUCH TO SHARE. I’m not sure if it’s because of my exams, a new project I took on, or that I’ve been more active on twitter; but it has added up and August felt like at least two whole months.
Remember when Taylor Swift said “August slipped away into a moment in time” and “August slipped away like a bottle of wine”? She was definitely not talking about August 2020.
I wrote my last exams of undergrad! It feels like a constant worry that has been in my chest for the last semester, but also the last 4 years to be honest, has been lifted. I feel relieved and energetic to be done. I’ve been looking forward to finishing my engineering degree for over a year and it feels really good. Now all I need is to pass in my subjects, get my degree ASAP, and cut ties from my university which has caused me a LOT of stress (even until today but let’s save my rant for another post).
I completed my 2020 reading goal of 100 books! The original goal was actually 150 which I had lowered because my pace wasn’t good back in the first few months. Now, I might actually make it?
I’ve decided to not raise my goal to 150 though. While it would be nice to hit that number, I don’t want that to be another thing taking up space in my head. It will not become another thing to stress about.
In August, I managed to read 10 books which is a little lesser than last month but considering I had finals, it’s a good sign because that means I studied haha.
This blog reached a 100k views!!!! Out of which 45k was in 2020 alone even though I’ve been blogging since 2016. This feels surreal. I have 2k followers but 100k views haha. It’s a very huge milestone and I want to celebrate but this happened a day before my finals began. Also, I’m not eating any food from outside because of COVID-19 so a celebratory cupcake will have to wait.
While studying for finals, I came up with a series for the blog and announced it on Twitter. It got 10x responses than I expected which blew me away. Preparation for Blogletters is already underway and I can’t wait for all of you to see it.
Charlie @ The Miss Charley had me over as part of a series on her blog. I wrote about my entire college experience as my guest post. You can check it out here!
Top posts (that went up in August):
This post took a lot of time and effort and I’m overjoyed that it received a lot of attention and comments. There are several long comments and those are the best. So yeah, I’m super happy.
My life updates are generally quite popular so I’m not actually surprised about this haha. It was cathartic to write, though. It’s basically a rant.
This was the celebratory post for hitting 2k followers last month. I had a lot of fun writing it and it was wonderful to see everyone liking it.
I actually spent a TON of time reading blogs this month. This section was what I’ve been specifically looking forward to because I have several great blog posts to share.
- The biggest highlight is that ELM IS BACK. I may or may not have conjured her back haha.
- Chana wrote a hilarious post about the book community’s slang.
- Xandra completely formed an INCREDIBLE IDEA and explained all of it.
- While browsing new blogs, I found this post on blogging and social media by Catherine that really spoke to me.
- I became nostalgic about the teen blogging community and went looking for new ones a while back. I found Ada @ The Introvert Next Door and I LOVE her blog.
- Lila wrote a very insightful post on being a disabled book blogger.
- Marie wrote a really cool post on fake engagement in book blogging.
- If you’re looking for tips on making friends in the book community, Katelynn wrote a helpful post on that!
Hey, remember when I set goals for August even though I knew I’ll be having finals? Bad decision.
- Do/plan an extra event for @bujobeauties ❌
- Make a spreadsheet for the Kdramas that I’ve seen. Until now I’ve been keeping track on a notes app but a spreadsheet will be better ❌
- Finish 3 prompts for 2020 Popsugar Reading Challenge ✅ only because I went through my list and found that some books I had already read ticked off some unfinished prompts.
- Buddy read Coming Out as a Dalit by Yashica Dutt with Pinki @ books & art journal ✅❌ Instead I buddy read The Switch with Pinki and Nikhat.
Honestly I didn’t even work on these goals.
- Work on Blogletters. This will take most of my energy next month haha.
- Read at least 1 paperback.
- Buddy read? I have a few but they’re not set in stone.
- Finish Ninth House and To Kill a Kingdom.
And that’s a wrap!
How was August for you? Do you have any goals for September?