Book tags are honestly so much fun.
I saw this tag at Reads and Thoughts and knew that I had to do it.
1. ADAPTATION SNOB: DO YOU ALWAYS READ THE BOOK BEFORE YOU SEE THE MOVIE?
If I know that the book exists, yes! At least, I try.
I like reading books with all the details and imagining the world in my head. If I watch the movie first, the movie’s scenes and actors will leave an impression and affect how I experience the book.
2. FORMAT SNOB: YOU CAN ONLY CHOOSE 1 FORMAT IN WHICH TO READ BOOKS FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. WHICH ONE DO YOU CHOOSE: PHYSICAL BOOKS, EBOOKS, OR AUDIOBOOKS?
Ebooks, definitely. I already prefer reading ebooks over paperbacks and hardbacks because they’re easier to carry around and there’s no worry about running out of books.
Reading big books as ebooks can also be less intimidating haha.
3. SHIP SNOB: WOULD YOU DATE OR MARRY A NON-READER?
Yes I would. As long as the person listens to me talk about books I don’t care whether they read or not haha.
4. GENRE SNOB: YOU HAVE TO DITCH ONE GENRE – NEVER TO BE READ AGAIN FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. WHICH ONE DO YOU DITCH?
General knowledge and facts books haha. I don’t see myself reading them ever.
5. UBER GENRE SNOB: YOU CAN ONLY CHOOSE TO READ FROM ONE GENRE FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. WHICH GENRE DO YOU CHOOSE?
Romance! For the past few years romance has been the one genre that I ALWAYS enjoy and turn to for comfort reads. Romance books contain more depth and plots lines than what the genre is marketed as. I will not be bored if I read only in this genre.
6. COMMUNITY SNOB: WHICH GENRE DO YOU THINK RECEIVES THE MOST SNOBBERY FROM THE BOOKISH COMMUNITY?
About a year ago I carefully unfollowed people who regularly tweet a lot about bookish drama. I just was not interested in it, and it was frankly exhausting to see.
Because of that I don’t really know which genre receives snob right now. I’d say Young Adult books because I’ve seen a few tweets on that, but I don’t really know.
7. SNOBBERY RECIPIENT: HAVE YOU EVER BEEN SNUBBED FOR SOMETHING THAT YOU HAVE BEEN READING OR FOR READING IN GENERAL?
I have! I’ve received quite a bit of snobbery because I read romance. Because of that I’ve taken to telling people a book from another genre that I’ve read recently instead of what I’m actually reading.
The most recent scenario was when someone asked me what I’m reading. I replied that I’m reading a book called My So-Called Bollywood Life and they scoffed. So much snob in one scoff/laugh.
If you’re interested in this tag, I tag you!
Have you ever received snob for what you read? How did you react?