Books can be SUPER PRETTY and make you cover buy.
They can also be so creative. The book designs, especially nowadays, are BRILLIANT. Designers come up with such good designs, I get heart eyes.
I found this tag at A Little Haze Book Blog and thought it would be fun to do!
1. A book you bought primarily (or completely) because of the cover.
The Crown by Kiera Cass. I didn’t even want to read this book because The Heir (it’s immediate prequel) was SO BAD. But. It’s so pretty. So of course I bought it.
2. A book you want to buy that has a beautiful cover
Since I already own the Six of Crows collector’s edition, I’m going to say Crooked Kindgom collector’s edition! These editions are way too beautiful.
3. Your favourite series design
The Selection series by Kiera Cass. All the books look way too good. The dresses, especially.
4. Dust jacket: a book with a beautiful dust jacket, or something unexpected under the jacket
I’m not a huge hardcover follower, so I’m actually not sure. I’m going to say.. A Darker Shade of Magic collector’s edition.
5. Naked hardback: a gorgeous book with no dust jacket
Going with Six of Crows again!
6. A beautiful paperback
Midnight at the Bright Ideas Bookstore by Matthew J. Sullivan! When I noticed it in the bookstore last year, I was struck by how beautiful it looks!
7. A nonfiction book with a lovely cover
I’m not a non-fiction person so I don’t keep track of this genre. Skipping this one!
8. A book with great endpapers
Okay I don’t pay much attention to this too. But I did see endpapers of The Shadowhunter’s Codex once and LOVED IT. So I’ll choose that.
9. Spine: a book that looks just as gorgeous spine-out as it does face-out
Circe by Madeline Miller! It’s very catchy showing the spine on my shelf 🙂
10. Tag some friends!
YOU! Only if you want to do this too, of course.