It’s been a while since I did a tag, and I’m just in the mood for it now. I saw this tag over at The Book Corps* and instantly wanted to do it. I wasn’t explicitly tagged for it but hey, when has that ever stopped me?
This tag is all about blogging, and my life behind and/or alongside it. It’s super fun, so let’s get to it!
*I absolutely love Laura’s blog, and she does really nice tags so I highly suggest going over there. There’s a lot of great content to be seen.
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Answer all the questions down below
- Pingback to the creator: Ellyn @ Allonsythornraxx
- Nominate 5+ bloggers you’d like to know more about to do this tag
1. WHY DID YOU START BLOGGING AND WHY HAVE YOU KEPT BLOGGING?
I started blogging out of curiosity. I saw that there’s this thing called “share on your blog” on Goodreads (when I reviewed a book there) and was so intrigued. A google search on “what is a blog” lead me to WordPress, where I just made a blog without really thinking about it. In fact, I came up with my old blog name “light up the shining night stars” in a few seconds and just set up my blog.
As I spent more time figuring out about my blog, and finding others, I slowly learnt what blogging is. And that definition constantly expanded to include more content and niches.
I continue to blog because I’ve grown to love this hobby, and this community. Blogging is cathartic to me. Whenever I want to talk about something, no matter what about, I can blog about it without second-guessing because this is my space. It’s been almost 4 years since I started blogging, and I don’t see any sign of me wanting to quit. Sure, I took breaks, but I always come back.
2. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE TYPE OF BLOG POST TO WRITE?
Listables! I absolutely love writing posts like “10 things..”/”7 reasons…”/”10 books I love”. They’re super fun, especially because
- I love lists.
- It’s a great way to format a post.
- You get talk about your favourites in one post!
- And they always work out well.
They’re also fun! Whenever I write discussion posts or tips/advice, I try to make them into a list. Fun fact: listables capture attention better because you’re letting people know what exactly they can find in the blog post. It’s not vague. Points also help summarize content well, which works better for readers of the post.
3. WHAT ARE YOUR TOP THREE FAVOURITE BLOG POSTS?
Top three in what way? Views? Likes? Comments? My favourites? What. How am I supposed to choose randomly? This is hard.
Top three blog posts in terms of views:
Haha I see a pattern.
Top three blog posts that I love:
- What Blogging is Actually Like // 10 True Facts About Blogging – because it’s so relatable and I had fun writing it.
- BTS Burn The Stage Experience – because wonderful memories, and I put down ALL my emotions in it.
- Fake It Till You Break It – because I truly went into a new reviewing format, and I loved using colours and formatting.
4. WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR FAVOURITE THINGS TO DO TO RELAX?
Honestly, I don’t have many things. Being productive gives me a lot of satisfaction, and I’m also a procrastinator. This means that I technically don’t look to “relax” much.
The few things I do to relax are:
- Read. This is kinda obvious though. But I like reading romance books or YA contemporary, specifically. They always make me relax and feel good.
- Listen to music and journal. I really like bullet journalling, and I sometimes journal in my notebook as well. Listening to chill music and doing it calms me.
- Blog life updates. This is another thing that relaxes me. It’s fun to just keep typing as my thoughts flow. Sometimes the blog posts turn out good, sometimes they don’t. But the process is nice.
5. WHAT ARE THREE OF YOUR FAVOURITE THINGS?
- Books! Obviously haha.
- Cute socks. I just love them, and I love wearing them.
- Winter wear. Jackets/Sweatshirts/Hoodies/Shrugs. I love wearing layers, and I wear one of these whenever it’s cold enough to.
6. WHAT ARE YOUR PROUDEST BLOGGING MOMENTS?
Coming up as the first link when Kdrama reviews are searched. This is why my Kdrama reviews are the most viewed—because a lot of views comes from search engines. If you search “doctor stranger review” or “w two world review”, my link comes first in the results! This what I’m most proud of. Even with business blogs and websites about Kdramas, my blog managed to show up first.
I hit 50,000 views! I’m at 52k right now. I’m so proud that my curiosity-filled random start grew into a proper blog which people want to visit.
I’m also proud of myself for maintaining a blog without succumbing to the “follow a niche” advice. Blogs receive more views and are more successful by sticking to a specific niche. But I’m not ready to stick to one. I want this space to show all of me, and I’m glad that I still keep it that way.
7. WHAT ARE YOUR HOBBIES OUTSIDE OF BLOGGING?
Read! It lead me to blogging haha. Reading is, and will always be, my #1 hobby.
Bullet Journalling. I’m a huge planner. Making to-do lists every day, or for every thing, and checking things off gives me a lot of satisfaction. It allows me to clearly see how productive I’ve been, which I like. Bullet journalling takes it to the next level with trackers, so many different spreads, and the flexibility to record everything in one place. I love it.
Bookstagram! While my bookstagram account isn’t big or super aesthetic, I really do like it. It’s fun to try out new ways of taking photos of books, try out themes, and make a feed. Interacting with other bookstagrammers is nice too. I love that we all love books so much.
Speaking of, y’all should really follow me on Instagram.* I don’t post very often, but I do have some good photos and thoughts on books.
*shameless self-plug lol.
9. WHAT ARE YOUR TOP THREE PET PEEVES?
Ohhh I have quite a few. Top three? Um.
- People chewing without keeping their mouths closed. I HATE this. I even tell my mum to chew with her mouth closed. I do not want to see food being chewed, or hear the sounds. Besides, it’s actually not good to do it. More often than not, food will end up coming out by mistake. Especially if the person is also talking while chewing. That annoys me so much.
- Spelling mistakes/typos/misplaced commas/extra spaces/etc. Everything to do with grammar and typing. For example, my friend and I were working on a report a few days back. He was typing and I was narrating most of the content. Every time there was an extra space, or a typo, I’d make him correct it first before continuing typing. I cannot concentrate if they’re there.
- People not taking care of things they borrowed from me. No, I don’t care if it’s just a pen. You should take care of it. Not leave it on some random desk, or lose the pen cap. I want my things taken care of. I’m a little extra with my stationary items and books, more than other things.
10. WHAT’S SOMETHING YOUR FOLLOWERS DON’T KNOW ABOUT YOU?
I don’t think I’ve mentioned that I know some carnatic* music? I even went for carnatic singing classes, and quite a few of the songs are still in my head. Sometimes, I find myself humming them too. I actually don’t like carnatic music simply because my mum pushed me towards it so much. It’s nice, but if I was not forced towards it I might have liked/enjoyed it more. I stay away from it now though.
My voice isn’t too bad as well! I sound very bad when singing modern music but I’m not too bad at carnatic music. I come from a line of really good singers. My mum’s voice is beautiful, and my maternal granddad sang really well until right before he passed away at 97 years old. People used to come to visit him specifically to hear him sing, and he even taught free classes when I was a kid.
*copying the definition from the Internet, in case you don’t know what it is. Carnatic music or Karnāṭak music or Karnāṭaka Saṃgīta is a system of music commonly associated with the southern part of the Indian subcontinent, with its area roughly confined to five modern states of India: Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh,[w: Kerala|Kerala]], Telangana and Tamil Nadu.
Fanna @ Fanna for books, Charley @ The Miss Charley, Anukriti @ Kaleidoscopic Nerd, Rilu @ Chapter92, KayCee @ Wonderstruck, Kelly @ Dream in Lace, Rebecca @ Bookishly Rebecca, Leelyn @ Sometimes Leelyn Reads.
And of course, YOU if you’d like to do it! Do pingback to me so I can see your answers!
Tell me your blogging story! How did you start? What makes you keep going?