I’ve never done a Can’t Wait Wednesday post because I usually just read books according to my mood. (I’m a huge mood reader.) But recently, an unreleased book caught my eye and I can’t stop thinking about it.
Can’t Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Wishful Endings to share the books that we’re waiting for.
Fake It Till You Make It by Jenn P. Nguyen
Mia and Jake have known each other their whole lives. They’ve endured summer vacations, Sunday brunches, even dentist visits together. Their mothers, who are best friends, are convinced that Mia and Jake would be the perfect couple, even though they can’t stand to be in the same room together.
After Mia’s mom turns away yet another cute boy, Mia and Jake decide they’ve have had enough. Together, they hatch a plan to get their moms off their backs. Permanently. All they have to do is pretend to date and then stage the worst breakup of all time—and then they’ll be free.
The only problem is, maybe Jake and Mia don’t hate each other as much as they once thought…
I found this book on the waiting list of a blogger (I forgot who) back in January. I just love the synopsis so much that I want this book RIGHT NOW. Since the time I found out about it, I’ve checked it’s release date at least 4 times until now.
Why does this book appeal to me?
- It’s a hate-to-love romance!! It’s one of my favourite tropes!
- The book has meddling moms. It’s always funny when family meddles in teenagers’ love lives.
- It’s the first YA contemporary in SO LONG that has really appealed to me. The others that I’ve read this year have had a unique thing about each of them, such as focus on #BlackLivesMatter or autism. It’s been a while since I wanted to read a YA book just for the romance.
- The story contains a fake relationship! Everyone knows how fake relationships end. It’s a trope and yes, I like it.
- IT’S GOING TO BE SO CUTE I JUST KNOW IT AND I WANT TO READ IT RIGHT NOW.
Fake It Till You Break It releases on May 28th, 2019.
Is there any book that you’re waiting for? Tell me in the comments!