Happy Sunday everyone! It is the last day of my long weekend and I’m sad. I don’t want holidays to be over.
I had holidays from Thursday and my plan was to sleep and do my projects during these four days. But I ended up making last minute plans for every day?! Who am I. I’m meeting people, I’m going out, I’m not holed up at home. It’s weird.
But I did manage to blog on both Thursday and Friday! So this will make three posts this week, for the first time this month.
The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
My tests are done!
I spoke about tests that I really need to study for in last week’s Sunday Post. I had them Monday through Wednesday with two tests a day. Since I was so done with the tests, I skipped the last one and started my long weekend early. Heh.
I can say that the other 5 tests went pretty well, so that’s good!
McD and chill
I met up with four of my close friends from high school. We’re actually a group of six and one person was missing. Ever since college started, it’s been very hard to get all six of us in one place at one time. It’s happened only twice in over two years.
So we had lots of fun! We just ate some burgers and fries and spoke a lot. We also showed each other people we stalk on Instagram, complained about our struggles in college etc. It was a really nice evening.
Bangalore Book Festival
I found out on Tuesday that there’s a week-long Book Fest/Book Fair in my city and I really wanted to go. A friend of mine got passes and I tagged along with him and his friend on Thursday.
Am I getting better or what! I went with one person I mostly spoke to only online and another person I never spoke to. I’m not so introverted anymore yayy XD Look at me bragging about going out with new people. It’s a rare thing guys.
Anyway the book fair was really nice. We found a lot of second-hand book stores selling books for less prices. The three of us got 21 books in total!
We were so happy and full of accomplishment at buying so many books. We took pictures of all the books to post on Instagram.
I got 9 books for myself. I got:
- The Shadow of Your Smile by Mary Higgins Clark. I really wanted more MHC books so I looked for them in every stall and ended up getting two.
- Stillwatch by Marie Higgins Clark.
- That Girl From Nowhere by Dorothy Koomson. I think the best and worst part of the book fair was me looking at all the new books and new authors. New books and authors for me to discover but also very few books that I recognized. Hence I got random new books that sounded nice and few which I’ve heard of/wanted.
- The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton. The second I saw the book and the cover, I remembered that I have it on my TBR in Goodreads and picked it up. It sounds really nice as well so I’m looking forward to read it.
- They Both Die In The End by Adam Silvera. I have been looking for this book for a long time but it’s always out of my budget when I find it. For the first time it was being sold at a lesser price so I got it immediately. I really like the edition I got as well.
- I’ve Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella. I love Kinsella’s books. This one is my favourite of them all and I’ve been wanting a paperback copy. I wanted a different edition specifically but I’ve given up that it will be available in India so when I saw this one, I just bought it.
- The Lie by C.L. Taylor. Another author I’ve never heard of before. The synopsis sounded nice so I bought it.
- The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. If you’ve been reading my blog for a while, you’d probably know that this book is one of my all-time favourites. I’ve only ever owned an ebook of this but seeing that it came at a great price, I bought it. I finally have a physical copy!
- Thanks For The Memories by Cecelia Ahern. I quite like this author’s work, my favourite being Where The Rainbows End which was later renamed Love, Rosie after the movie adaptation. The synopsis sounded nice, and the edition is pretty, so I bought it.
And those are the nine books that I bought! This is my biggest book haul so far.
I finally got my bus pass
So we have this yearly student bus pass thing. The system is pretty screwed up so it took a long time for the cards to be available. I finally went yesterday and got mine. The process included walking around blindly for an hour without proper directions because no one told properly where to go, then standing in the wrong line for half an hour. I had a sense of accomplishment when I finally got the pass.
This week’s to-do list
I think that’s it for this week! I didn’t read much and I didn’t watch anything new. Oh speaking of watching I actually was watching V’s live* while writing this post. I had the left half screen as a browser with the live and right half with this draft open. Multitasking without 100% efficiency but I did both of these things in lesser time together than I would have taken if I had done them separately.
*V from BTS
- Finish mini project bookrecs at least upto 90%. I actually have to submit it this week, as per my guide, but I have wayyyy too much to do. I planned on almost finishing it this weekend but I had only minimal progress.
- Finish DBMS mini project completely. This holds more priority to me than the other project.
Huh. Nothing else comes to mind. Oh well, that’s good in a way. I can focus on the two tasks I have.
I’ll see y’all next week with another Sunday Post! Have a great week!
How was your week? Did you go out or meet friends? Tell me in the comments!