I wasn’t planning on doing a “wrap-up” post for 2017—bookwise or not but I saw this End of Year Survey being done by other bloggers and had to do it. It sounds pretty fun!
The End of Year Survey is hosted by The Perpetual Page Turner, who I have found through this survey and is pretty amazing. I know I’m late in doing this but I only got the time and mood now. *shrug*
There are a lot of sections and questions, covering just about everything. I won’t be doing all of them, but I am answering most so let’s get to it!
2017 Reading Stats
Number of books read: 200 (excluding rereads)
Number of rereads: 14
In my defense, romance books are easier to read fast and move on. BUT I’M SHOCKED I READ SO LESS OF THE REST??? Must remedy this year.
Best In Books
1. Best book you read in 2017: OKAY CAN ALL OF US JUST STOP ASKING THIS?? This is too hard. It’s like choosing between my lungs and my heart. Just going to say Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare because I have to say one and this gave me the most feels.
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t? Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry. Read my review to know why.
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read? Me & Milo the Great by Michelle Schlicher. Way better than expected. My review.
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)? A Darker Shade of Magic by V. E. Schwab! I lent my book to two friends and they LOVED it. Recommended it to more but they haven’t read it yet.
5. Best series you started in 2017? Best Sequel of 2017? Best Series Ender of 2017? Shades of Magic trilogy by V. E. Schwab for everything.
6. Favourite new author you discovered in 2017? Christina Lauren. The authors of Autoboyography and Roomies.
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone? The Giver by Lois Lowry. My review here.
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year? Warcross by Marie Lu, definitely. My review.
9. Book You Read In 2017 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year? Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli! I already feel like rereading it ❤ My review.
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2017? Queens of Geek by Jen Wilde!
11. Most memorable character of 2017? Aristotle from Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz. Review here.
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2017? Again, Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz.
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2017? The Giver by Lois Lowry for the win!
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2017 to finally read? Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson.
15. Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2017? Secret baby (book one) by Layla Wilde (don’t ask me about this book) and Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare
16. Book That Shocked You The Most: Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare!!!!
17. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!) I could pick so many but I’m going with Jamie and Quinn from Neanderthal Seeks Human by Penny Reid. (I’ll post a review on this someday)
18. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year: Addy and her sister from One of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManus (review coming in a few days!)
19. Favorite Book You Read in 2017 From An Author You’ve Read Previously: Most of All You by Mia Sheridan (review coming soon)
20. Best Book You Read In 2017 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure: The Giver by Lois Lowry. My best friend basically shoved the book at me saying READ IT.
21. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2017? Quinn from Neanderthal Seeks Human by Penny Reid.
22. Best 2017 debut you read? One of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManus.
23. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year? Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor. Review here.
24. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read? Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli!
25. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2017? We Were Liars by E. Lockehart had me bawling.
26. Hidden Gem Of The Year? Definitely Me & Milo the Great by Michelle Schlicher.
27. Book That Crushed Your Soul? Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare. Crushed might be an understatement.
28. Most Unique Book You Read In 2017? The Boyfriend App by Katie Sise.
29. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)? I See London, I See France by Sarah Mlynowski. I HATED IT. Read my review.
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2017 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2018? The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas. NOW IF I CAN ONLY FIND IT IN BOOKSTORES HERE, THAT’D BE GREAT. I went to FIVE bookstores the other day and didn’t find it in any.
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2018 (non-debut)? Queen of Air and Darkness by Cassandra Clare and Restore Me by Tahereh Mafi.
3. 2018 Debut You Are Most Anticipating? You’ll Miss Me When I’m Gone by Rachel Lynn Solomon. It released on Jan 2nd, actually!
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2018? Books I said in Q2 above and also Throne of Glass #7 by Sarah J. Maas because I really want to be done with this series now.
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2018? I want to review more books. I review out 1/3rd of books I read and I want to make it more. I just have to figure out how to do that without bombarding the blog with only book reviews..
That is the end of the survey and MY GOODNESS that was long! How did others do this survey without losing patience?? Especially those who added a few questions of theirs as well! I’m already tired.
If you’ve stuck till the end of this post, comment saying you have the ultimate level of patience ever! Have you read any of the books I mentioned? How was YOUR 2017 reading-wise? If you’ve done this survey as well, do comment the link so I can check it out!