It’s blogmas day 21! HOW have are we so close to the ending of blogmas?! Time is flying by a little too quickly, don’t you think? I’ve only got 4 more days of blogmas left (excluding today)!
I have to say, blogmas has been way easier since I’ve got exams. I’ve got time to blog when I take breaks from studying. Otherwise my whole day goes in travelling and attending classes, leaving me with hardly any time. So in a surprising turn of events, I get more blogging done during exams!
I’m back with another tag today, that I (again) took from Book Enchanted. Seriously though. She does the BEST tags and I want to steal and do every one of them. I’ve got at least two more already marked that I would like to do in the future.
Let’s get into it!
1. Tale as Old as Time- A popular theme, trope, or setting that you’ll never get tired of reading.
I LOVE Cinderella-themed stories. Doesn’t matter if it’s a girl or a guy in place of Cinderella. I just love it. I watch all the movies with the trope, read all the books and NEVER get tired.
(I love this movie. I watched this I don’t know how many times and I would watch it again any day with no complaint.)
2. Belle- A book you bought for it’s beautiful cover that’s just as beautiful on the inside too.
Um. I don’t usually buy many paperbacks? And the two I bought for the cover isn’t that great inside?
3. Beast- A book you didn’t expect that much from but pleasantly surprised you.
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. My cousin knew I loved books and randomly bought the boxed set (which came with a T-shirt!) as a gift for me. I had never read Dystopian books before and since I knew he randomly picked a set (he isn’t much of a reader), I wasn’t expecting much. But I ended up REALLY loving it!
4. Gaston- A book that everyone loves but you don’t.
I’m always skeptical of picking up over-hyped books so I’m VERY careful with the ones I pick. I actually didn’t love The Raven Boys much? I did like the series as it went on but I wasn’t that impressed by the first one.
5. Lefou- A loyal sidekick you couldn’t help but love more than their counterpart.
How am I supposed to choose ONE?!
I pick The Mortal Instruments. I love Magnus WAY WAY more than Clary or Jace. Simon and Alec, too. I actually quite hate Clary. It’s only because of the side characters and the world that it is even one of my main fandoms.
6. Mrs. Potts, Chip, Lumiere, and Cogsworth: A book that helped you through a difficult time or taught you something valuable.
Actually, The Mortal Instruments for this as well. I was NOT in a good place end of 10th grade when there was, for the first time, very much pressure to do well academically. Imagining myself in that world was my escape and my saving grace.
Some of my friends actually ask me why I read fantasy when it’s not even about this world. Well, THAT’S THE POINT. I don’t want to be in this world anymore. They still don’t get it. Sigh.
7. Something There: A book or series you weren’t into at first but picked up towards the end.
One of us is lying by Karen M. Manus! I read this about a week back and it was so slow for the first 25-30%. I actually abandoned it somewhere there and went on to read other books but because people kept saying they loved it and hope I enjoy it, I picked it up again. Once I pushed through 30%, I got really into it and read the rest in one sitting. Really good!
8. Be Our Guest- A fictional character you’d love to have over for dinner
Really? You want me to CHOOSE? Amongst all my loves and cinnamon rolls??
Can I bargain for top five? Top five GROUPS? Pleeaaaase?
- The squad from The Dark Artifices.
- The royal siblings of Antica from Tower of Dawn!
- KENJI FROM SHATTER ME TRILOGY. Bonus if Warner is there as well. Don’t care much for Juliet.
- The Court of Dreams, OBVIOUSLY. Especially Rhysand, Amren, Mor and Cassian in the same room please. I love their casual insulting banter.
- All the main characters from Queens of Geek. I honestly think I’ll get along REALLY well with them.
And that’s the end of the tag! Wow this post has been relatively small that the ones I’ve been doing recently, lol. Been writing this while jamming to a Halsey playlist. (I love her songs)
I’m not tagging anyone specifically because
- I wasn’t tagged for this.
- I usually just pick the tags I want to do without being tagged. I don’t wait for that.
So! If you life this tag go forth and do it! Do link back to me so I can read your answers. I’ll see you tomorrow with another post. Tata!
Which book did YOU buy solely for the cover and just happened to love the story? Or is your luck like mine and end up not liking the stories as much? What books had a slow start which you ended up loving? Are you still in shock on how it’s ALREADY 21ST?! Only 10 more days in 2017!