JUST A HEADS UP!
In case you missed my last post, I changed my blog name from light up the shining night stars to the wordy habitat. You can read more on that over here.
Look at me actually keeping up with my tags!
I was tagged to do this by GirlMasked and I’m really glad because I’m up for any tags music. Thank you!
- Mention the creator of the tag and link to their blog. Um, I don’t know who the creator is?
- Thank the person that nominated you for this tag and link to their blog as well. Done yo.
- Shuffle your entire music library (no matter how old songs the songs are) and talk about the first fifteen songs that come up ( anything like why they are there , if they signify something, any story, why you like them, etc).
- Mention the songs as well as the artists.
- Tag 7 people or more to do this tag and please let them know.
Google to rescue again! I googled the tag and found it’s creator Life in a blog shell. I didn’t know this blog before but I’m glad I do now because the posts look to be really good? I think I’ll properly read some posts later when I’m free.
I’ve got about 1100+ songs on my playlist right from when I got my first phone, so this should be interesting. I’ll also add in YouTube videos for the songs in case you want to have a listen.
I hit the shuffle button and we have..
1. Drag me down by One Direction. I’m usually neutral about the band’s songs—not love but not hate. I just have some of their songs. Drag me down is one of the songs I actually seek out in my playlist to play. I like the beats and I really like how it’s a liiitle bit like Fall Out Boy’s songs? Just imagine FOB singing this song. This isn’t like the other 1D songs which are usually just lovey-dovey ones.
2. Technicolor Beat by Oh Wonder. I love Oh Wonder’s songs and I’m obsessed with almost every single one of them. I love their voices, the vibe of their songs and the lyrics in this song is ❤ I totally recommend OW and all of their songs to everyone. In fact, I’m playing it in the background right now because I’ll take every chance of playing it that I get.
3. Flashlight (Pitch Perfect 2 version) by the Pitch Perfect cast. I really like songs from the Pitch Perfect movies and this is no different. To be honest, I like the ones from the first movie more, but this is pretty good material too. I can’t wait for Pitch Perfect 3! This song is originally by Jessie J.
4. Khwhaishein by Shreya Ghoshal. Even my shuffle knows that a playlist is not complete without some Bollywood song. Khwahishein is a BEAUTIFUL song that you should listen to even if you don’t understand it. Of course, the lyrics make it so much more but the voice and the tune itself give off the vibe perfectly.
5. No light no light by Florence and The Machine. This is actually the only song I have of the band. I found this because a part of it was quoted on a Harry Potter fan picture edit made about Draco Malfoy and his darkness. I fell in love with the words immediately and HAD to listen to the song.
6. Hymn for the missing by Nightcore. THIS SONG IS SO BEAUTIFUL Y’ALL. It’s originally by Red but I do listen to a lot of Nightcore covers and this came on autoplay after Pieces (nightcore duet, originally by Red as well) and I fell in love. It is also because of this song, which has a picture about Attack on Titan that I decided to watch the show.
7. Heart by Sleeping at last. I have not yet found a song by Sleeping at Last that I DIDN’T like. All of them are really good and just perfect to play in the background while studying or working. I was introduced to the band by a post Burning Youth blog* (not sure which one) that featured the song Saturn along with the beautiful poem. All the songs by this band are very soothing and just beautiful. For a while I only listened to their songs on repeat ad my whatsapp status was lyrics from their songs for months.
I’m sharing a couple lyrics because I just have to.**
“With shortness of breath, you explain the infinite.
How rare and beautiful it is to even exist.” -Saturn
“Go ahead and laugh, even if it hurts.
Go ahead and pull the pin.
What is we could risk everything we have
And just let our walls cave in.” -Heart
*I highly suggest visiting their blog. All of the content is so good.
**this post is going to be so big if I do this for multiple songs.
8. New Americana by Halsey. This was the song which made me a Halsey fan. I hadn’t listened to other songs by her but I loved this one. Later when Closer came out was when I started to check out the rest of her songs.
9. Story of my life by One Direction. Another 1D song? Really? I don’t like this song very much. The tunes and voices are okay but I never get the lyrics. I wasn’t fond of the lyrics when I first listened to it, and I’m not now. The only thing I really liked about this song was the video. They got a really cool idea and implemented it well, even though the lyrics don’t match.
10. Glorious by Foxes. You know those songs in your playlist that you slightly liked and you just downloaded it thinking you’ll like it once you’ve listened to it properly? This is one of those songs for me. When I first found Foxed I downloaded a few of her songs just by listening to the first 30 seconds, and to be honest I always skip this song when it comes up. I’m not sure why I still have it. She’s got good songs, but I don’t like this one really.
11. Side to side by Ariana Grande ft. Nicki Minaj. I jammed to this song for about a day when I first listened to it, and now I just let it play when I’m in the mood for some dancing or good beats. I like the song, but not that much.
12. Clarity by Zedd ft. Foxes. Nice coincidence! I found Foxes through this song, actually. And I still quite like this song. I pretend to strain my vocals and sing the song along with her lol. (My voice sucks) I like a lot of songs by Zedd, honestly. The beats and everything are nice for dancing.*
*I dance around the house a lot.
13. Already Gone by Sleeping at last. This was originally by Kelly Clarkson but I prefer this cover. I love it. It’s perfect for when you’re sad and you just want to listen to songs that match your mood. It played in Grey’s Anatomy.
Also, can I just say how much I love the band’s website? I just saw it and it’s really good. I love the way it looks. The illustrations for the songs and albums all give out the perfect vibe.
14. One Night by Matthew Koma. I have a few random songs by Matthew Koma. I don’t like his songs that much but they’re okay to listen to sometimes.
15. I walk the line by Halsey. I’m pretty sure this is the only Halsey song I have which I’ve never completely listened to. I downloaded a bunch of Halsey songs together as well and listen to them when they come on shuffle, and somehow I’ve never listened to this till the end?
My technique is downloading a bunch of songs by hearing the first 30 seconds, allowing them to come up on shuffle later and seeing if I love them. If I don’t, I delete ’em. This works for me because I need to be in the mood to listen to new songs and also have the time, which I don’t while surfing for new songs and downloading them.
Nowadays, though, I tend to listen to songs on YouTube or in soundtracks as it comes and mark which I want to download. When I’ve got the time I sit and download all of them together.
And if any of y’all wants to do the tag, go ahead!
Have you listened to any of the songs I’ve mentioned above? Do you have songs unheard somewhere in the depths of your playlist as well? Do you have bands/artists you don’t really like? Or do you only have songs that you really like? How do you come across new songs? Tell me everything!