Author: Kylie Scott
Genre: NA Contemporary Romance
Status: Book 2 of Stage Dive series but can be read as Standalone
Mal Ericson, drummer for the world famous rock band Stage Dive, needs to clean up his image fast—at least for a little while. Having a good girl on his arm should do the job just fine. Mal doesn’t plan on this temporary fix becoming permanent, but he didn’t count on finding the one right girl.
Anne Rollins never thought she’d ever meet the rock god who plastered her teenage bedroom walls—especially not under these circumstances. Anne has money problems. Big ones. But being paid to play the pretend girlfriend to a wild life-of-the-party drummer couldn’t end well. No matter how hot he is. Or could it?
Let me first say that although the main book cover is the one on top, I like the paperback edition’s cover, which you can see on the right.
I was excited to read this book because I fell in love with Mal in the first book itself. This book is written in first person POV through Anne.
This book can be read as a stand-alone.
- Anne’s roommate disappeared after borrowing a ton of cash from her. Now Anne is left with no money to pay for rent and a betrayed heart.
- She meets Mal, the drummer of Stage Dive, at a party and after some half-drunk conversations, he decides to move in with her and does (!) without even letting her know for reals. He asks her one thing in return for paying her rent-to pretend to be his girlfriend.
- From there on starts a love story! Only a believable, non-insta-love, funny and cute story.
- Anne is a doormat. She helps everyone and most of the time she is used. He had barely completed high school and brought her sister up after their mom checked out out on grief.
- Mal is kind of like a puppy on steroids. He has a lot of energy, is crazy and kind of like a child and pretty imperfect. He’s a unique character and unlike any I’ve come across as a male lead.
- Anne and Mal take a while to love. At least half the book is relationship development and that is why I like this series.
- The most interesting part about this romance was Mal. His personality made the story different and Anne IS brave to be with Mal as handling him and going along with his antics is a hard job.
A cute, sweet and slightly different love story. Definitely recommended.