Title: Painting Sky
Author: Rita Branches
Genre: NA contemporary romance
Nobody ever said life was easy…
People pleaser, Jane Skylar wants nothing more than to earn her art degree, start her life, and bask in the bliss of living with her boyfriend.
But things don’t always go as planned…
Struggling with her creative side, Jane finds herself in turmoil, often confiding in her roommate – another, more talented art student, Keith Hale. Keith just so happens to be her boyfriend’s older, brooding brother. After a devastating breakup, Jane turns to Keith for comfort. But when the lines blur between roommate and lover, Jane’s life becomes more complicated than ever before.
When Keith’s past comes back to haunt him, their lives all get turned upside down, forcing the truth to surface. Now Jane must fight for what she wants–even if it hurts everyone she loves.
*It’s a Stand-alone*
*Note: I received an eARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.
It’s a stand-alone, it’s a brother’s-best-friend-and-me story, it has all the things that you’ll usually see in a book. You should know, this is not a very unique story.
By the way, I’m adding comments for most points because I feel like.
- Jane Skylar Keaton has dated Cody for four years. She loves him. He loves her. HA.
- When she moves in with him, his brother Keith and her brother Ryan into their house and starts college, she thinks the only dark spot will be Keith. Gurl you got that totally wrong.
- Turns out Cody is not perfect (I refrained hard on calling him some things there), neither is her brother and Keith is so not but he is ❤
- So yeah, she falls for Keith.
- Jane (Skylar for Keith) never cursed and has always been the good girl. She has worked for her parents’ love, being the middle child and lacking attention. She hated Keith since he pushed her down when kids, and loved Cody since she met him. She’s insecure, has low self-esteem etc. She wants to do art. I honestly didn’t find anything special about her.
- Keith has some “dark secret and past” which we don’t know until the end. He has loved Sky since he met her. He appears confident but is very insecure. His best friend is Ryan, Sky’s brother. He’s an amazing artist. Again, the usual male lead.
- I hated all the parents in this story. All.
After being shit to him for years, she finally gets to know him. She changes his ways and they fall in love. You know, the usual. I didn’t find anything special to mention.
The cliched story. If you want the same thing again with different names and some different facts, go ahead and pick this up. I didn’t like the ending, though. Kinda hated it.